The Soft Bobble Crochet Stitch bears some similarities to its contemporaries, the Puff Stitch and the Popcorn stitch. Working through a series of stitches and loops create this stitch which adds an interesting and attractive look to your projects.
To begin, create a slip knot and chain 18 for your swatch.
1. Half double crochet ( HDC ) in the third chain from the hook, half double crochet in each chain across. Turn your work.
2. Chain 2, half double crochet in the next stitch, * bobble in the next half double crochet, half double crochet in the next 5 stitches. Repeat from * to the last 2 HDC’s. HDC in the last 2 stitches. Turn your work.
To create the bobble, yarn over ( YO ), insert your hook into the designated stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop, YO and draw through 2 loops.
Repeat 4 more times.
YO and draw through all 6 loops on your hook.
3. Chain 2, half double crochet in every stitch in the row. Turn your work.
4. Chain 2, half double crochet ( HDC ) in the next 4 HDC’s,
* bobble in the next HDC,
HDC in the next 5 stitches. Repeat from * across to the entire row. Turn your work.
5. Chain 2, half double crochet in the next stitch and in every stitch in the row. Turn your work.
Repeat Rows 2 to 5 for the pattern repeat. Continue with the pattern repeat until you have the necessary stitches needed for your project.
SOFT BOBBLE CROCHET STITCH VIDEO TUTORIAL
Visit our Stitch Library for more crochet patterns and tutorials.
This post contains affiliate links that may earn us commissions. © OHCHIVES