Crochet a Lily Pad
FLORAL CROCHET PATTERN
Lily pads are rounded, waxy leaves inhabiting bodies of water. It is a flowering plant which thrives in shallow areas of lakes and ponds.
This tutorial will show you how to crochet a lily pad.
- 8 PLY / DK COTTON YARN
- COLOUR: GREEN
- 4 MM CROCHET HOOK
- DARNING NEEDLE
Begin by creating a Magic Ring (MR).
1. Hook in 7 Single Crochets (SC) inside the MR. Total stitches: 7
2. 2 SC in every stitch ( ST ) in the round. Total stitches: 14
3. * SC in the first ST, 2 SC in the next ST. Repeat * 7 times. Total stitches: 21
4. * SC in the next 2 STs, 2 SC in the next ST (Photo 1). Repeat * 7 times. Total stitches: 28
5. * SC in the next 3 STs, 2 SC in the next ST. Repeat * 7 times. Total stitches: 35
6. CH 1, 2 SC in the first ST, SC in the next 32 STs (Photo 2), 2 SC in the next ST. Turn your work. Total stitches: 36
7. CH 3 (Photo 3), double crochet two together ( DC2TOG ), half double crochet ( HDC ) in the next 2 sts, SC in the next 26 sts, HDC in the next 2 sts, DC2TOG, DC in the next st. Total stitches: 34
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends (Photo 4 ).
This Lily Pad Crochet Pattern is used in the Kirby the Frog Amigurumi Set.
You have now completed your Crochet Lily Pad!