The Honeycomb Stitch combines several Double Crochet stitches into a single stitch. This results in a beautiful, highly textured, dense fabric for your projects.
Foundation Chain: Multiples of 3 + 1
Begin by creating a slip knot and chaining 16.
1. Single Crochet (SC) in the 2nd chain from the hook and in every chain. Turn your work.
2. Chain 1, SC in the first 2 stitches,
*DC5TOG (Double Crochet 5 Together) in the next stitch,
DOUBLE CROCHET 5 TOGETHER | HONEYCOMB STITCH
Yarn over ( YO ), insert hook into the designated stitch and pull through 2 loops. Repeat * 4 more times. YO and pull through all 6 loops.
SC in the next 2 stitches.
Repeat from * to the last stitch. DC5TOG in the last stitch. Turn your work.
3. Chain 1, * SC in the top of the first cluster,
SC in the next 2 stitches. Repeat from * to the end of the row. Turn your work.
4. Chain 1, DC5TOG in the next stitch,
* SC in the next 2 stitches, DC5TOG. Repeat from * to the last 2 SC, SC in the last 2 stitches. Turn your work.
5. Chain 1, SC in every stitch and in every cluster in the row. Turn your work.
6. Repeat Steps 2 to 5 for the Honeycomb Stitch Pattern.
HONEYCOMB STITCH VIDEO TUTORIAL
Visit our Stitch Library for more Crochet Patterns and Tutorials.
This post contains affiliate links that may earn us commissions. © OHCHIVES