FOUNDATION DOUBLE CROCHET
Learning to create chainless foundation stitches saves time and effort. It also surprisingly gives you a base that is more flexible than traditional foundation chains. Read on to create the foundation double crochet ( FDC ).
1. To create your foundation double crochet, begin with a slip knot and chain 3.
2. Yarn over and insert your hook into the first stitch and pull up a loop.
3. Yarn over and pull through the first loop.
4. Yarn over and pull through 2 loops.
5. Yarn over and pull through the last 2 loops.
You have just completed your first Foundation Double Crochet!
6. Yarn over, insert your hook underneath the two horizontal bars of the stitch below and pull up a loop.
7. Yarn over and pull through the first loop.
8. Yarn over and pull through 2 loops.
9. Yarn over and pull through the last 2 loops.
10. Repeat steps 6 to 9 until you have the necessary amount of FDC needed for your project.
FOUNDATION DOUBLE CROCHET VIDEO TUTORIAL
Visit our Stitch Library for more Crochet patterns and Tutorials.
This post contains affiliate links that may earn us commissions. © OHCHIVES