Bunnies have long been a symbol of Easter, signifying fertility and life, and this tutorial will show you how to create a mini easter bunny to add to your decorations. Working with smaller crochet pieces can be challenging but is satisfying and worth the effort!
Read on to create your own mini bunny amigurumi!
SUPERFINE YARN OR EMBROIDERY THREAD
1 MM CROCHET HOOK
MINI BUNNY BODY
Begin by creating a Magic Ring (MR) and Chain (CH) 1.
- Hook in 5 Single Crochets (SC) inside the MR. Pull the ring close.
- Single Crochet Increase (SC INC) in every stitch in the round. Total Stitches:10
- * SC in the next stitch, SC INC in the next stitch. Repeat * 5 times. Total Stitches: 15
- SC in every stitch in the round.
- Single Crochet Decrease (SC DEC) in the next stitch, SC in the next 5 stitches, SC DEC in the next stitch, SC in the next 2 stitches, SC INC in the next 2 stitches, SC in the next 2 stitches. Total Stitches: 15
- SC DEC in the next stitch, SC in the next 4 stitches, SC DEC in the next stitch, SC INC 6 times. Total Stitches: 18
- to 10. SC in every stitch in the round.
11.Invisible Single Crochet Decrease (INV SC DEC) in every stitch in every stitch in the round. Total Stitches:9
Fasten off. Insert a small amount of fiberfill into the bunny’s body and sew the opening closed.
MINI BUNNY EARS (2)
Begin with a slip knot and CH 2.
- Hook in 3 SC inside the first CH. Turn your work. Total Stitches: 3
- CH 1, SC in every stitch in the row. Turn your work.
- Single Crochet Three Together (SC3TOG). Fasten off leaving a 2 inch tail for sewing.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
Position the ears onto the top of the bunny’s head and sew into place. For the whiskers, insert a small piece of yarn into the center of the 5th round and pull through. Trim the ends of the yarn. With your ink pen, draw in the eyes and nose of the bunny.
Create your Mini Bunny’s Speckled Eggshell Abode!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.