This tutorial will show you how to crochet Grit Stitch. Combining two basic stitches, the Single Crochet and the Double Crochet Stitch, the Grit Stitch is an easy way to create soft and subtle textured fabric for your projects.
Foundation Chain: Multiple of 2 + 3
Begin by creating a slip knot and chaining 17.
1. Double crochet ( DC ) in the 3rd chain from the hook,
* skip the next chain, Single Crochet ( SC ), DC in the next stitch.
Repeat * until 2 chains remain. Skip the next stitch, SC in the last stitch. Turn your work.
2. Chain 1, DC in the same stitch,
* skip the next stitch, SC and DC in the next stitch.
Repeat from * until 2 stitches remain, skip the next stitch, SC in the turning chain. Turn your work.
3. Repeat Step 2 until you have the necessary stitches and rows needed for your project.
This simple and easy crochet pattern creates a beautiful textured fabric for your crochet projects.
HOW TO CROCHET GRIT STITCH
Visit our Stitch Library for more Crochet Patterns and Tutorials.
This post contains affiliate links that may earn us commissions. © OHCHIVES