UP AND DOWN STITCH
This tutorial will show you how to crochet Up and Down stitch, a combination of alternating stitches that creates a subtle effect on your fabrics.
- ARAN / HEAVY WORSTED WEIGHT YARN
- 5 MM CROCHET HOOK
- STITCH MARKERS
- DARNING NEEDLE
TOOLS AND MATERIALS | SHOPPING SUGGESTIONS
Up and Down Foundation Chain: Any even number of stitches
Start your swatch by creating a slip knot and chaining 14.
1. Double Crochet (DC) in the 2nd chain from the hook,
* Single Crochet (SC) in the next chain, DC in the next chain.
Repeat * from * to the end of the row. Turn your work.
2. Chain 1, skip the first stitch, * DC in the next stitch, SC in the next stitch.
Repeat from * to the end of the row. Turn your work.
3. Repeat Step 2 until you have the necessary amount of stitches or rows needed for your project.
This simple modified crochet pattern creates a beautifully light textured fabric for your projects.
Enjoy using this pattern and see you again in our next tutorial! Happy Crocheting!
HOW TO CROCHET UP AND DOWN STITCH
VISIT OUR STITCH LIBRARY FOR MORE CROCHET PATTERNS AND TUTORIALS.
This post contains affiliate links that may earn us commissions. © OHCHIVES